Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Another Obi Cubana, As Ebenator Youth Offers Scholarship to over 100 Nigerian Undergraduates


                                                                 By Izunna Okafor

An Anambra-born philanthropist, Mr. Israel Ezeadiruo has offered full scholarship to over one hundred students from different higher institutions across the country, and the FCT.

Mr. Ezeadiruo, who hails from Ebenator in Nnewi South Local Government Area of Anambra State, disclosed this on Sunday in his social media posts to mark his 30th birthday.

According to him, 3 beneficiaries will be selected from each of the 36 states of the federation and the FCT, and their school fees fully paid till their graduation from their various institutions.

While revealing that the exercise is championed through the ISRAEL EZEADIRUO FOUNDATION, the Abuja-based philanthropist and business mogul, who is a Political Science graduate of University of Abuja, also recounted his experiences and 'hard days' as an undergraduate, and further noted that the scholarship is exclusively for indigent students.

Titled “For My 30th Birthday Celebration, Full Scholarship to One Hundred and Eleven (111) Nigerian Undergraduate Students”, the post reads:



“It's a great 30th birthday for me. Going down the memory lane and considering my achievements so far, it will be unfair not to count my blessings; and as well in my own little way, give back to the society. This decision is within the purviews of my commitment to uplift lives, even as mine is being uplifted.

“My days as an undergraduate were not rosy, as it was filled with thorns or hardship. From support from a petty business, to borrowing in other to pay my fees and foot other bills...all thanks to my mother. And yes, there were debts I had to eventually clear, years after graduation.

“At my inauguration as Patron of National Association of Political Science Students at University of Abuja, many students came to me amidst tears, and their plea was the difficulty in paying their school fees (₦44,000). I was moved when it dawned on me that I spend like N50,000 (Fifty thousand naira) and above at a sitting with my colleagues, on just drinks or fun, when someone else somewhere is quitting school because of a lesser amount. Hence, I found it a burden upon myself to return the same support I received, to those who are currently where I was, especially to students who are at the verge of quitting their academic pursuit, sake of inability to pay school fees.

“So, in earnest pursuance of this course, I, Ezeadiruo Israel have decided to support a total of one hundred and eleven (111) poor undergraduate students from different universities across Nigeria, with their yearly school fees up to their graduation. The benefactors will comprise of 3 underprivileged students from each of the 36 states in the country (108) including FCT, making it 111. This selection pattern is anchored on the resolution that the impact must cut across different ethnics, languages, and religions.

“The 111 students will be graduating from the university after 4 years. It would be glad if I can take at least 111 students every year for fours and see to their graduation, but I am only acting in the confines of my pocket which limits me to these 111 students. I wouldn't hesitate to add more years later if my pocket can carry more without disrupting what is mapped out for my business. Honestly, I would have done more than this, in a bid to ensure in my own little way, that someone's dream is being realized. This is enough to even make me live longer, as the thoughts alone gladdens my heart (Smiles).

“As earlier stated, the beneficiaries will be strictly poor students who are unable to stay in school or continue their academic activities because they are unable to pay their school fees. Measures are currently being put in place to ensure transparency to a large extent hence setting up a team, few months ago, to help scout for students across Nigeria, who fall into the category as already stated above.

“To further aid in actualizing this purpose, a foundation, ISRAEL EZEADIRUO FOUNDATION, has been established and commissioned for this purpose and related ones. This foundation shall also in due time, provide financial assistance to help selected young Nigerians to start up their choice businesses or secure jobs.

“It is necessary to emphasize that none of the qualified benefactors will receive the fees in cash, but it will be sent to their respective heads of department who will then pay to the school and issue them the appropriate receipt for clearance. We have made efforts in this regard, within the past one month, and set up national and regional teams to serve as point of contact for the system to work efficiently and effectively.

“If you are convinced you fall under this targeted student, feel free to reach out to us and we shall conduct proper investigation and evaluation before the final list is published by my team.


“I'll at this point extend my profound gratitude to Gilbert Igweka Global Concept, Samjones Haulage Monger, and Chris Ilo Merchandise who have within the past two years employed over 20 graduates recommended by me. The target is to have over 1000 Nigerians employed and we are getting there. May we all be successful.



“For more enquiries on the application processes, you can write us on: info@israelezefoundation.org

“Also go to the website: isrealezefoundation. org (for application).

“• Download, fill and upload the application form on the website

“• Attach and upload all necessary documents as listed using the buttons provided for each

“If you face any challenge, send a mail to the email address stated above

“If you have any technical issue, please write to support@israelezefoundation.org For quick enquiry write +234 9055999699 (WhatsApp Only)


“Like and follow our social media handles:


“Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Israel -Ezeadiruo-Foundation-104389682155839/


“Instagram: https://instagram.com/israelezeadiruo_foundation?r=nametag


“Twitter: https://twitter.com/ezeadiruoisrael?s=11 .”

Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments